About this Topic
The ability of health professionals to provide safe and effective care to people with a mental illness is highly dependent on a sound knowledge. Without education and experience, a person with a mental illness may experience highly detrimental stigma, acute changes may not be recognised and their complex, chronic needs may be left unmet.
Whether you require general mental health education that covers a range of basic principles, or specific training relating to a particular condition, this in-service can be shaped to suit your staff education needs.
Ausmed Will Organise
Earn 5 Hours of CPD
Choose to Cover
Ausmed will work with you to design an education/training session that is based on your specific needs. As part of a mental health session, you can choose to cover one or more of the following topics
- Empathy and therapeutic communication
- Self-care and debriefing
- Conducting mental status examinations
- Designing trauma-informed approaches to care
- Pharmacological therapies
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder and ECT
- Schizophrenia and acute psychosis
- Aggression, violence and practical de-escalation techniques
Or, create a custom education session!