About this Topic
A plethora of actions can result in an adverse medication incident. From human factors, such as interruptions and fatigue, through to poor communication and a lack of competence, these still occur in even the most well-designed systems.
Medication errors are highly detrimental to patient outcomes, reputation and staff confidence. The unquestionable need for education on medication safety may not be met through mandatory training alone.
This essential in-service offers an expert perspective on the quality use of medicines. It can target the pure educational needs of your staff in a safe and confidential manner. Or, it can focus on ensuring your current medication practices, policies and procedures are ready to meet your accreditation needs.
Ausmed Will Organise
Earn 6+ Hours of CPD
Choose to Cover
Ausmed will work with you to design an education/training session that is based on your specific needs. As part of a medication safety session, you can choose to cover one or more of the following topics:
- Why medication incidents occur
- How staff can improve communication and documentation
- Managing high-risk medicines
- Innovative approaches to tackling human-factor errors
- Essential medication safety principles including labelling and medication calculations
- Getting the most out of incident reports
- Preventing polypharmacy and medicine-related falls
- Tips for conducting audits or root-cause analysis
Or, create a custom education session!