About this Topic
Diabetes education is essential and is directly linked to positive patient outcomes across all aspects of diabetes management. Preventing complications, managing emergencies and improving self-management all relies on well-informed health professionals.
Ensure your staff are up-to-date, practicing in accordance with the evidence, and safely administering high-risk medications such as insulin.
This in-service is a good refresher of essential diabetes knowledge or can be designed to advance your staff's current practices.
If your staff have not had a formal diabetes update in the past 18 months, ask Ausmed to run an education session for your team today.
Ausmed Will Organise
Earn 5 Hours of CPD
Choose to Cover
Ausmed will work with you to design an education/training session that is based on your specific needs. As part of a diabetes management session, you can choose to cover one or more of the following topics:
- Screening for diabetes
- How to write a care plan
- Improving accuracy of blood glucose monitoring
- Preventing micro- and macro-vascular complications
- Managing diabetes emergencies
- Oral and injectable medication update
- Essentials for safe insulin use
- Practical tips to support lifestyle change, build health literacy and enhance motivation
Or, create a custom education session!